Last year, New Harmony did something they have never done before. They adopted an unreached people group and sent a team of six to minister to them. The group we adopted were the Kasena people of Burkina Faso.
God used our mission team to lead over 130 people to faith in Christ, strengthen the church members, and help plant a church near the Burkina Faso and Ghana border.
Facts About the Kasena
- They are a population of 210,000
- Located in southern Burkina Faso and Northern Ghana
- Language is Kasem
- Their primary religion is Ethnic Religion. It was very common to see families worshiping spirits and idols. Of course, we also encountered families that were Muslim as well.
- Less than 2% of the Kasena are Christians
What did the mission team do?
- They traveled almost 30 hours to get to Burkina Faso
- While in country, they traveled another two hours through the bush to get to their destination.
- They slept in huts, ate what the believers offered them, bathed from a bucket, and basically lived like they were in a third world country. They loved it!!!
- Ministry consisted of showing the “JESUS” film, going hut to hut to share the Gospel, praying, worshipping with local believers, helping plant a church near the border of Ghana, and training local believers how to share the Gospel and truths from the Word of God.
- The team members where stretched, but they were not broken. They were challenged, but not defeated. They learned more about God in ten days than they ever thought possible.
What can we do now?
- Pray for the believers in Burkina Faso.
- Pray for the missionaries that serve in Burkina Faso.
- Pray that God will open a door for us to return and serve with the faithful believers there.
- Pray that maybe God will send you to serve on this amazing mission trip.